Welcome to our wonderful world of Mathematics!!
Currently we are in Unit 3: Geometry
- Check out Quizlet to help learn new vocabulary terms
Unit 3 Common Core Standards
Understand the place value system
5.NBT.2. Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
5.G.3. Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
5.G.4. Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
1. Solve problems without giving up.
2. Think about numbers in many ways
3. explain their thinking and try to understand others.
4. Show their work in many ways.
5. Use math tools and explain why they used them.
6. Work carefully and check their work.
7. Use what they know to solve new problems.
8. Solve problems by looking for rules and patterns.