Welcome to our wonderful world of Mathematics!!
Currently we are in Unit 7: Order of Operations
- Check out Quizlet to help learn new vocabulary terms
Unit 5 Common Core Standards
Operations and Algebraic Thinking:
Write and interpret numerical expressions
5.OA.1. Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
5.OA.2. Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
1. Solve problems without giving up.
2. Think about numbers in many ways
3. explain their thinking and try to understand others.
4. Show their work in many ways.
5. Use math tools and explain why they used them.
6. Work carefully and check their work.
7. Use what they know to solve new problems.
8. Solve problems by looking for rules and patterns.